Monday, February 11, 2013

I Would Really Like to Go to Debauch-A-Reno



Slovenly Records is kind of winning at rock 'n' roll right now. The Sticker Guy is putting this on, but the Sticker Guy and Slovenly are two sides of the same coin as evidenced by the fact that a lot of great Slovenly bands are playing this Debauch-A-Reno. I really wouldn't mind seeing Hellshovel, Las Ardillas, Los Vigilantes, Paint Fumes and Acid Baby Jesus all in one place. Also, the fucking Sonics. There's no point in listing highlights. It's all nuts. Just look at the flier.

The festival is in it's second year, which is heartening. I was sad to hear about the Hi-Tone Cafe closing in Memphis, since it has been the home of Gonerfest for so long. I don't believe Gonerfest is going anywhere but it won't be the same without the Hi-Tone. So, you know, it's nice to see new things taking root at the same time.

I'd also like to go because, I lived in Las Vegas for three years and The Misfits is one of my favorite movies, but I've never been to Reno. And I'm pretty sure the festival is going to be exactly like this trailer, only with bands.


No comments: